The Swedish Haiku Society, a non-profit association, was established on 7 October 1999 in Stockholm.
The objective of the Swedish Haiku Society is
- to stimulate the interest in haiku written in Swedish.
- to initiate and support lectures, conferences, seminaries
and workshops dedicated to haiku
- to encourage translation of haiku from other languages into Swedish and vice versa
- to publish a regular journal on haiku in Swedish. (Blåeld)
- to contribute to an international network of haiku societies and organizations.